What is Colorado Free Application Day?
The Colorado Department of Higher Education has teamed up with colleges and universities all across the state of Colorado to waive college application fees for all Colorado students on Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2018.
That means if you submit your application between 12:01 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. that day, you can apply for free.
How do I know if I qualify?
All Colorado residents — both freshman and transfer — qualify for Colorado Free Application Day. (We’re including Colorado undocumented students as well.)
The fee waiver is available on October 30 only. You must submit your online application that day to receive the waiver.
How does it work?
To take advantage of this opportunity, we recommend having all admissions application materials prepared, double-checked and reviewed before October 30. As long as you submit your online application on October 30, your support documents can be submitted anytime before or after.
CSU Application instructions (Freshmen and Transfers)
- No special steps are necessary for Colorado students to qualify for Colorado Free Application Day; your fee will automatically be waived when you submit your application on October 30.
Common Application instructions (Freshmen only)
- Locate the CSU Member Questions section within the Common App application.
- You will see this required prompt: “Are you eligible for a CSU application fee waiver through one (or more) of the following affiliations?”
- Choose Colorado Free Application Day (Colorado residents only) in the drop-down.
- Your fee will be waived as long as you submit your Common App AND Member Questions on October 30.
Because this is a campaign in partnership with the state of Colorado, we are unable to honor “free app day” fee waiver requests on any other date than October 30. Find out whether you qualify for a need-based fee waiver, available anytime.