What is the Native American Heritage Application Fee waiver?
Colorado State University is celebrating its Native American students and Native American Heritage Month by waiving the admissions application fee! From November 1-30, 2022, anyone with a tribal affiliation OR who identifies as Native American is invited to apply for free.
The process is easy and only takes a few clicks.
Applying using the Common Application (freshman/first-year applicants)
- Within the “CSU Questions” section, look for the second prompt in the General section: “Are you eligible for a CSU application fee waiver through one of the following affiliations?”
- Choose “Native American Heritage Month” from the dropdown options.
- No other codes or actions are required as long as you submit your Common Application and CSU Questions between November 1-30, 2022.
Applying using the CSU Application (transfer and second bachelor’s applicants)
- After you submit your application, follow the link in the message box: “Review Requirements and Request a Fee Waiver”
- Choose “Participation in Native American Heritage Month” on the fee waiver request form
- No other codes or actions are required as long as you submit your CSU Application between November 1-30, 2022.
What else is needed to apply?
Freshman/first-year students should be prepared to submit their application for admission and their personal statement, while transfer and second bachelor’s students only need to submit their application for admission. Any other supporting documents — such as transcripts — can be submitted separate from the application and are not required to qualify for the fee waiver.
For any questions about the application fee waiver, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.