Thinking of new ways to connect online with potential Rams has been a crucial step forward for everyone at Colorado State University, especially at the Office of Admissions. Our goal is to provide prospective students with the resources and personal interaction that can give you the clarity you need to confidently make the right decision for your future. This is why CSU is offering prospective students the opportunity to connect virtually with current students in one-on-one chats.
What is a one-on-one?
A one-on-one is a way for prospective students to connect individually with one of our current students at CSU. We have a team of over 50 student ambassadors available to answer any questions a prospective student may have. This conversation can give you some insight into what it is like, first-hand, being a student at Colorado State University. Think of it like a FaceTime call to chit-chat about whatever questions you want an honest student perspective on.
Why should I do a one-on-one?
All the questions, worries, or curiosities you currently have are all things we current students once felt too. What better way to get the answers than from the people who have felt those same feelings and then lived through it themselves? A one-on-one with a current student also allows you to get a taste of just what we represent and value at CSU. It’s also a great way to potentially make your first friend at CSU!
What do I ask about in one-on-ones?
I get lots of questions in my one-on-ones with students that vary across the board. I personally love when students come with a list of questions and take notes! Here are some examples of questions that I get often from prospective students:
- What is campus like? What’s your favorite spot?
- How would you describe the professor and student interaction at CSU?
- How do I make friends when I am from out of state?
- What sort of club or organization should I join when I come to college?
- What are the different scholarship opportunities at CSU?
- Are there campus employment opportunities?
- What is fraternity and sorority life like?
- What are the differences in housing options?
- What does CSU do to support a diverse community?
- What is residential hall living and dining like?
- Do I need a car to be successful at CSU?
- What kind of mental health resources are available?
- What are office hours? Why should I go to office hours?
- What is Fort Collins like as a city? Do you like living there?
- What are some CSU traditions? Should I do them?
How do I sign up for a one-on-one? Should I do anything to prepare?
Head over to the registration page and choose a date and time that works for you. We ask that you request your video chat at least one day in advance. Before your scheduled one-on-one, you get to tell us what you want to talk about by filling out a quick form. This helps us learn a little bit about you and be prepared to answer your questions.
We can’t wait to get to know you and share with you how we chose CSU and why we love it so much. Hearing from a current student is an amazing way to use an insider look to see if a future as a Ram is the right choice for you!
Madison McCue is a junior at CSU studying Equine Science and is from South Florida. Besides studying and being on the Admissions student ambassador team, she enjoys her second job at The Institute for Learning and Teaching, being a teaching assistant, and seeing her friends during the buzz of campus life. She spends all of her RamCash on the coffee and breakfast burritos from Sweet Sinsations and The Bagel Place, located in the Lory Student Center. She enjoys having dinner nights with her friends and going to shows at Red Rocks Amphitheater.