Students who are citizens or enrolled members of any federal or state-recognized tribe can be eligible for the Native American Legacy Award, provided they also meet these criteria:
- Admitted, degree-seeking student
- Non-resident for tuition classification purposes
- On-campus program (CSU Online students are not eligible)
For summer 2019 the award amount will vary based on the amount of credit hours a student has. Please contact us if you have questions.
Beginning fall 2019, undergraduate students who are enrolled full time (12+ credits each term) will receive a Native American Legacy Award of $18,000 per academic year. Students who are enrolled half time or three-quarter time will receive a prorated amount.
Graduate students who are enrolled full time (9+ credits each term) will receive a Native American Legacy Award of $15,000 per academic year. Students who are enrolled half time or three-quarter time will receive a prorated amount.
NALA cannot be combined with the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE), Yellow Ribbon Award, GI Promise, HB 15-1294 GI Benefits, or other non-resident institutional scholarships.
How do I apply?
Apply to Colorado State University
- Submit a completed application for admission by these deadlines
- Freshmen: May 1 for fall and November 1 for spring
- Transfers: June 1 for fall and November 1 for spring
- Graduate students: April 1 for fall and September 1 for spring
- Submit proof of tribal citizenship or membership no later than 15 business days before the start of the academic term.
Send official tribal citizenship documents to:
Native American Legacy Award
Office of Admissions
Colorado State University
1062 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1062
FAX (970) 491-7799
(Examples include a copy of your certificate of enrollment or the front and back of your tribal membership card.)
Danita Ordaz, Native American Recruitment and Transition Specialist