Two students working in a nearby coffee shop

Congratulations on being admitted as an incoming transfer student to Colorado State University, a community filled with people who are diverse in their backgrounds, but linked by their big ideas.

Being a CSU student means joining a community that always has your back, because Rams take care of Rams. It’s setting you up for a successful career, and – bonus! – gaining lifelong friendships and a place you can always, always call home.

Next steps for admitted transfer students

You worked hard for this, so enjoy the moment! And when you’re ready, it’s time to cross a few more things off your list so you can officially become a CSU student. If you are still deciding whether CSU is right for you, that’s OK. These steps are non-binding and will keep you on track if you decide to become a Ram.

If you have questions about any of these steps, your admissions counselor is ready to help!


When you applied for admission to CSU, you were emailed a NetID to the email account you used to apply for admission. You will need to activate your NetID to get access to create a CSU email account and set up many other systems at CSU.  

Your NetID is a C, followed by your 9-digit CSU ID. For example: C899456789

Need help? Contact us.

Log into RAMweb and Future Ram Dashboard

RAMweb is the CSU student portal where you check your application status, see your financial aid and scholarship awards, register for classes, check your grades, pay your bill, and more. Inside RAMweb is a link to your Future Ram Dashboard, which helps incoming students complete upcoming tasks and find personalized information. As you complete tasks in your dashboard, you’ll see the corresponding status update along with detailed information about what’s next.

  1. Log in to RAMweb and sign in using your NetID
  2. Navigate to the RamReady section
  3. Click the “Future Ram Dashboard” button

Confirm your seat by submitting your enrollment deposit

Fall start: Complete by July 1. 

Spring start: Complete by December 15.

Summer start: Complete by June 1 or sooner for best access to classes.

Reserve your spot in our incoming class by paying or deferring your $300 enrollment deposit, which covers new student charges. You’ll be able to access the housing application and orientation sign-up after you deposit. See all your options below.


By confirming and paying your $300 deposit you will reserve your spot in the incoming class and gain access to the on-campus housing application and orientation sign-up.

Confirm and defer

If the deposit presents a financial hardship or your cost of attendance will be paid by a third party, you may defer your $300 enrollment deposit. This will reserve your spot in the incoming class, and you will gain access to the on-campus housing application and orientation sign-up. The $300 charge will be applied to your first semester bill.

Change your starting semester

Need more time? You can request a change to your entry term for up to one year. We’ll keep your application active and work with you to retain your admission decision and enrollment deposit, if possible.

Decline your offer of admission

If you decide not to enroll at CSU, you can decline your offer of admission. After you decline, we will stop communicating with you. You can change your mind, but declining your admission might impact your enrollment options. If you’ve already deposited and your plans have changed, refer to our refund policy.

Join the Admitted Rams Community

The Admitted Rams Community is an online, private group that allows students admitted for the upcoming academic year to meet one another before the semester starts. You will receive your personalized invitation to join via email in mid-October when the community opens or within a few days of admission if you’re admitted after this date. You also can find your link to join in the Future Ram Dashboard under the Opportunities tab. Can’t find your invitation? Email us.

Attend an admitted student event

We offer plenty of opportunities to attend an in-person or online event specifically designed for admitted students. Learning more about CSU and next steps can help you decide if we are the right university for you.

Find housing

Fall start: The on-campus housing application opens in January. The on-campus apartment application is open year-round.

Spring start: The on-campus housing application opens mid-September. The on-campus apartment application is open year-round.

Summer start: The on-campus housing application opens in January. The on-campus application is open year-round.

On-campus options

Some transfer students are required to live in residence halls. If you have fewer than 15 post-high school transferable credits, are single, under 21, and not living with your parents in the Fort Collins area, you must live in a residence hall. 

If you aren’t required to live on campus, you still are welcome to. CSU offers a wide selection of housing and dining options to ensure transfer students feel at home, including designated floors in our residence halls and on-campus apartments.

The on-campus housing application requires a $300 deposit and a $50 nonrefundable application fee (waived for students who qualify for a need-based enrollment deposit deferral).

Questions about living on campus, the housing application, or the housing deposit can be directed to Housing & Dining Services.

Off-campus options

Off-Campus Life offers resources to help you make a successful transition to the Fort Collins community beyond finding a place to live. You are encouraged to start your search for off-campus housing early. Turnover is common at the beginning and end of each academic term, but leases may need to be secured several weeks in advance.

Sign up for new student orientation

Fall start: Orientation registration opens in January. Orientation is held in June and July.

Spring start: Contact the Orientation office for dates at (970) 491-6011.

Summer start: Contact the Orientation office for dates at (970) 491-6011.

All incoming students must attend Ram Orientation to learn about our traditions, to get introduced to campus services, and to meet with an academic advisor before registering for classes. It’s an important time to connect with others in your class and to meet the current students, faculty, and staff who will help you be successful at CSU.

Orientation typically is offered in both online and in-person.

Apply for financial aid and scholarships

Fall start: The FAFSA opens in December and has a priority deadline of March 1. Many scholarship applications also have a March 1 deadline.

Spring start: The FAFSA opens in December.

Summer start: The FAFSA opens in December.

Finding a university that’s a fit financially is important, and one of the most important aspects of financial fit is aid. We recommend pursuing as many types of funding as possible including grants, scholarships, loans, work study, and student employment to help offset the investment of college.

Complete health requirements

Complete the steps on CSU Health Network’s new student checklist to support our commitment to a safe, healthy campus. Steps include submitting required health and immunization records (many students bring theirs to orientation), completing online health or safety programs, and documenting insurance coverage.

Look at placement requirements and take exams if needed

Before you attend Ram Orientation, there may be placement steps to make sure you register for the most-advanced classes you will be most successful in. Your official transfer credit evaluation will determine your next steps, so log into RAMweb to review your results under the Academic Progress and Planning section.

When in doubt, complete the placement steps – your results do not bind you to a particular course of action, but they can help you keep your options open.

Placement steps are available for math, composition, and foreign language.


Log in to RAMweb to complete your Personalized Mathematics Plan to understand where you’re at in the math placement process. Your personalized plan will determine whether you are required to complete the Math Placement Tool before orientation.


You may need to complete the Composition Directed Self-Placement Survey (DSP). You do not need to complete the Composition Directed Self-Placement Survey (DSP) if:

  • You received an ACT Composite score of 26 or higher, an SAT EBR/W score of 620 or higher, or an SAT verbal score of 570 or higher (prior to March 2016); you’re eligible to register for College Composition (CO 150) based on your test results.
  • You’ve earned grades of C- or better in college composition from another regionally accredited college/university (this includes credit earned through concurrent enrollment).
  • You’ve earned a score of 3 or higher on an Advanced Placement (AP) composition exam, a score of 4 or higher on an International Baccalaureate (IB) composition exam, or CLEP credit for composition.

Foreign language

The Foreign Language Placement Exam is required before you can register for a world language course if you have previously studied French, German, or Spanish. The department recommends completing the exam at least three days prior to orientation. Learn more about the Foreign Language Placement Exam.

Submit your final transcripts

Fall start: Complete by July 1

Spring start: Complete by January 2

Summer start: Complete as soon as possible before classes start.

Admission to CSU is provisional until we receive a final, official college transcript showing satisfactory completion of any work in progress at the point of admission. To avoid possible delays or holds on your financial aid or course registration, submit final transcripts by the dates listed above. Transcripts for summer work should be submitted as soon as available.