Application Supporting Documents
During the application process for undergraduate students, we may ask for or require supporting documents to help us understand your academic history. Transcripts are the most-common item we need.
You will find complete instructions on how to submit documents below, and we’re always here to help if you have any questions.
Common Application (Freshman/First-Year applicants only)
- Your school can upload a transcript directly to your application record using the secure link included in the email we send.
- Your school can upload an official transcript via a secure site electronic submission service such as Parchment or Naviance.
- Your school can email an official transcript as a PDF to email@example.com.
- Your school can mail your official transcript to Colorado State University, Office of Admissions, 1062 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins CO 80523-1062.
If you already have graduated from high school, you may have to contact your district office rather than your high school to obtain an official copy of your transcript.
Some high schools will not release transcripts to us until you have paid and/or signed a release. Make sure you check with your high school well in advance of the application date.
CSU Application (Transfer student applicants only)
- You or your school can email an official transcript as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You or your school can mail your official transcript to Colorado State University, Office of Admissions, 1062 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins CO 80523-1062.
Electronic submission of college transcripts is supported and preferred whenever possible. We accept electronic transcripts via Parchment, eScrip-Safe, the National Student Clearinghouse, or any other secure site used by the sending institution.
College officials are welcome to send links to secure site delivery to email@example.com. Transcripts sent via email and not via a secure server are not considered official.
If necessary or preferred, official college transcripts can be mailed to Office of Admissions Colorado State University, 1062 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins CO 80523-1062.
ACT and SAT scores are optional, and all freshmen are reviewed for admission and scholarships using the same criteria, whether they submit scores or not. ACT and SAT scores can be helpful for composition placement purposes.
You can submit official test scores directly through the testing agency. Please allow up to three weeks for CSU to receive official score reports.
You can upload a PDF of your ACT or SAT student score report on “My Application” tab in the Future Ram Dashboard.
You can email your student score report, and we’ll match it to your application. Make sure you include the full report with all of your subscores, the test date(s) and your name visible. We prefer scanned score reports or full PDFs over screenshots or photos.
We’ll accept test scores from your high school transcript as long as all subscores and test date(s) are included.
AP, IB, CLEP, High School Equivalency (GED/HiSET/TASC)
We will consider self-reported AP and IB results in our decision process, but official scores are required in order to be awarded college credit.
College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) scores and high school equivalency exam results (including GED, HiSET, TASC and other state exams) must be submitted as official score reports. We do not consider self-reported scores in our decision process.
TOEFL, IELTS, PTE English proficiency results
Evidence of English proficiency is required for international applicants seeking direct admission to CSU.
You can submit official test scores directly through the testing agency. Please allow up to three weeks for CSU to receive the official score reports. We do not consider self-reported English proficiency results in our decision process.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Use school code 4075
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic)
You can upload a PDF of your TOEFL, IELTS or PTE student score report on “My Application” tab in the Future Ram Dashboard.
You can email your score report, and we’ll match it to your application. Make sure you include the full report with all of your subscores, the test date(s), and your name visible. We prefer scanned score reports or full PDFs over screenshots or photos.
English proficiency can be satisfied using ACT, SAT, AP or IB results as well.
We do not consider self-reported English proficiency results in our decision process.
Only international students in need of a student visa are required to submit immigration documents.
International applicants are expected to include immigration information as part of their application for admission. Immigration information is not considered in the admission decision, but the official admission packet and I-20 or DS-2019 are shipped only after immigration information has been received, verified, and approved.
Immigration Information Form
- Complete and submit this secure online form using the link emailed within one week of submitting your application or via your application status page in RAMweb.
- You’ll be prompted to specify the sources of your intended financial support, information about any dependents who will be traveling with you, and the shipping address for your immigration documents.
- Securely upload a copy of the identification page of your passport within your application status page in RAMweb.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your first day of classes.
- Be sure to submit copies of the identification pages for any dependents traveling with you.
- Securely upload your financial support documents (such as bank statements or funding letters from your government or other agency) within your application status page in RAMweb.
- You must demonstrate the ability to meet or exceed your estimated expenses.
- Because institutional scholarships do not cover the full cost of attendance, you must be able to demonstrate outside funding.
Immigration documents can also be emailed as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure your documents clearly list your full name and your CSU ID number to be matched with your application. Your immigration documents will be reviewed and verified after you’ve been admitted.
Application fees and waivers
- Your application will not be reviewed for a decision until your $50 application fee has been submitted or waived if it presents a financial hardship. All Colorado students qualify for Free App EVERY day at CSU.
- Common Application (freshman applicants only): You’ll be prompted to pay your application fee at the same time you submit your application.
- CSU Application: You’ll be prompted to pay your application fee after you submit your application. Look for the payment tool on the confirmation page presented after you submit.
More information about our waivers, fees, and refunds is here.
Essays and letters
What we call a “personal statement” is also known as an essay. Freshman applicants are required to submit personal statement. Other applicants may be prompted to submit one, too.
Freshman applicants can type OR copy and paste their personal statement into the Common Application application. All other applicants who are using the CSU Application can submit theirs as a PDF or Word document attachment emailed to email@example.com.
We do not require a letter of recommendation for any applicants in the admission and scholarship review process.
If you choose to submit a recommendation to support your application, it may be considered during our review, but it will not be given much weight. You may opt to submit a recommendation through the Common Application or as a PDF or Word document attachment emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can submit your application and support documents in any order. We’ll quickly match your transcripts or other support documents to your application whether they arrive before or after your application is submitted. Shortly after you submit your application, we’ll send instructions for you to check your status online so you can see which materials have been received and which we still need.
Yes. We will send email reminders about what’s needed to complete your application. You can also check your online application status for up-to-date information about missing items. Once we begin processing your application, your online application status will reflect the most current information.
Many materials take time arrive at CSU and then must be matched to your application. Most documents are matched with applications within a day or two, but please allow up to five business days. Check with us before re-sending documents you know you’ve submitted.
These instructions are for undergraduate applicants only. Graduate students seeking guidance on how to submit support documents should refer to graduateschool.colostate.edu/apply/.
General submission info
Except for official academic records, most additional documents can be uploaded within your online applicant status page or emailed as PDF or Word documents to email@example.com. Make sure each document includes your full name and date of birth or other identifying information (not SSN).
If necessary or preferred, additional support documents can be submitted by mail to Office of Admissions, Colorado State University, 1062 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins CO 80523-1062.