As you’re going through the college application process, creating online profiles and usernames can become a hassle. We’re here to show you that creating an eID — your personal CSU login — is simple and important.
What is an eID?
An eID is your CSU “electronic identity.” It consists of your ename and epassword. It will become your one and only login at CSU that you will use throughout your entire time with us.
An eID allows you to access our online student portal, called RAMweb. RAMweb will serve as your student portal at CSU and contains all of the important information about your student record like your application details and your class schedules.
How do I create it?
Creating an eID is simple. Here’s what the process will look like:
- Within 3 days after you submit your application you will receive an email with a 9-digit student number.
- Once you’ve received this student number, visit the eID Create website. Follow the instructions to create a profile.
- Once you’ve created your profile, you’ll be able to log in to ramweb.colostate.edu right away. You may need to allow up to one hour for your credentials to be authenticated in RAMweb before you can “check your application status” in the admissions section.
That’s it! As you keep an eye on your application, remember that it takes 3-5 business days for electronic documents such as transcripts to be matched to your application. Be patient and contact us with any questions.
What will I use it for?
Waiting on a transcript or recommendation letter? Not sure if you’re missing a piece of your application?
With an eID you can get questions like these answered 24 hours a day. It allows you to log in to RAMweb and check your application status any time, and you even have access to update some of your information through the portal.
Once admitted, students use their eID for almost every aspect of life at CSU, including:
- Applying for housing
- Applying for CSU merit scholarships
- Paying bills
- Looking over financial aid packages
- Registering for classes
- Viewing transcripts
One more thing
Creating your eID also activates your free university email account, which CSU offices will use to contact you.
You’ll want to log in to your university email account as soon as you create your eID in order to authenticate it. Be sure to check this account regularly.