During the application process, we may ask for or require supporting documents to help us understand your academic history. You will find complete instructions on how to submit documents below, and we’re always here to help if you have any issues or questions.
Submitting Documents with Your Application
- Your application will not be reviewed for a decision until your application fee has been submitted.
- Information about our application fee refund policy is here.
- CSU Application: You’ll be prompted to pay your application fee after you submit your application. Look for the payment tool on the confirmation page you see after you submit. Fees are payable by Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
- Common Application (freshman applicants only): You’ll be prompted to pay your application fee at the same time you submit your application.
- Fee waivers are available when payment would present a financial hardship or associated with special programs. Within the CSU Application payment tool, there’s a link to the Fee Waiver Request form (requires login). Within the Common App, the fee waiver request is built into the application (look for the section on the “Profile” page).
Common Application (Freshman/First-Year applicants only)
- Your school can upload a transcript directly to your application record using the secure link included in the email we send.
- Your school can upload an official transcript via a secure site electronic submission service such as Parchment or Naviance.
- Your school can email an official transcript as a PDF to email@example.com.
- Your school can mail your official transcript to Colorado State University, Office of Admissions, 1062 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins CO 80523-1062.
If you already have graduated from high school, you may have to contact your district office rather than your high school to obtain an official copy of your transcript.
Some high schools will not release transcripts to us until you have paid and/or signed a release. Make sure you check with your high school well in advance of the application date.
CSU Application (Transfer student applicants only)
- You or your school can email an official transcript as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You or your school can mail your official transcript to Colorado State University, Office of Admissions, 1062 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins CO 80523-1062.
Electronic submission of college transcripts is supported and preferred whenever possible. We accept electronic transcripts via Parchment, eScrip-Safe, the National Student Clearinghouse, or any other secure site used by the sending institution.
College officials are welcome to send links to secure site delivery to email@example.com. Transcripts sent via email and not via a secure server are not considered official.
If necessary or preferred, official college transcripts can be mailed to Office of Admissions Colorado State University, 1062 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins CO 80523-1062.
Submitting official score results
You can submit official test scores directly through the testing agency. Submission typically may take up to two to three weeks before CSU receives the official reports. GED, Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), and College Level Examination Process (CLEP) scores must be submitted as official score reports.
- Use school code 0504
- Use school code 4075
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Use school code 4075
- General Educational Development (GED)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- College Level Examination Process (CLEP)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Use school code 4075
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic)
Submitting unofficial score results
We will accept unofficial results of the ACT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE from a student score report or high school transcript as long as all subscores, test dates, and the applicant name are included on the same record. Upload scores to your applicant status page or email your score report.
Only first-year freshman students are required to submit personal statements and recommendations.
You’ll be prompted to copy and paste your personal statement into your application before submitting it. See writing prompts and instructions.
All freshman applicants must submit at least one recommendation, preferably from a teacher or counselor familiar with your academic strengths and background. We’ve compiled this short list of other recommendation dos and don’ts.
- We don’t require that you list a teacher within your Common Application. If you choose to list a teacher, the Common App will send them an email with instructions and a link to access the Teacher Evaluation form.
- We accept either the Common App Counselor Recommendation or the Common App Teacher Evaluation. You must submit at least one.
We prefer that your recommendation be submitted electronically through the link provided through the Common App or another secure site service such as Parchment or Naviance. If necessary, recommendations can be submitted electronically as PDF or Word attachments in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If electronic submission is not possible, recommendations can be mailed to Office of Admissions, Colorado State University, 1062 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins CO 80523-1062.
Only international students in need of a student visa are required to submit immigration documents.
International applicants are expected to include immigration information as part of their application for admission. Immigration information is not considered in the admission decision, but the official admission packet and I-20 or DS-2019 are shipped only after immigration information has been received, verified, and approved.
Immigration Information Form
- Complete and submit this secure online form using the link emailed within one week of submitting your application or via your application status page in RAMweb.
- You’ll be prompted to specify the sources of your intended financial support, information about any dependents who will be traveling with you, and the shipping address for your immigration documents.
- Securely upload a copy of the identification page of your passport within your application status page in RAMweb.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your first day of classes.
- Be sure to submit copies of the identification pages for any dependents traveling with you.
- Securely upload your financial support documents (such as bank statements or funding letters from your government or other agency) within your application status page in RAMweb.
- You must demonstrate the ability to meet or exceed your estimated expenses.
- Because institutional scholarships do not cover the full cost of attendance, you must be able to demonstrate outside funding.
If absolutely necessary, immigration documents can be mailed to Office of Admissions, Colorado State University, 1062 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins CO 80523-1062 or emailed as PDF or Word attachments to email@example.com. Be sure your documents clearly list your full name and your CSU ID number to be matched with your application. Your immigration documents will only be reviewed and verified after you’ve been admitted.
Documents beyond those listed here may be listed as required once we begin processing and reviewing your application. Be sure to check your application status regularly for updates.
Except for official academic records, most additional documents can be uploaded within your online applicant status page or emailed as PDF or Word documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure each document includes your full name and date of birth or other identifying information (not SSN).
If necessary or preferred, additional support documents can be submitted by mail to Office of Admissions, Colorado State University, 1062 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins CO 80523-1062.
Frequently asked questions about submitting documents
Can I submit my application without waiting for your support documents?
Yes. Shortly after you apply, we’ll send instructions for you to check your application status online so you can see how things are progressing. We’ll quickly match your transcripts, scores, or other support documents to your application even if they are not sent at the same time as your application.
Will you tell me if there are additional items I need to submit?
Yes. We will send email reminders about what’s needed to complete your application. You can also check your online application status for up-to-date information about missing items. Once we begin processing your application, your online application status will reflect the most current information.
How long does it take for materials to arrive?
Many materials take time arrive at CSU and then must be matched to your application. Most documents are matched with applications within a day or two, but please allow up to five business days. Check with us before re-sending documents you know you’ve submitted.
I am a graduate applicant. Should I submit my documents using the instructions here?
These instructions are for undergraduate applicants only. Graduate students should contact the departments to which they have applied.